Pages

Thursday 23 April 2020

Diary entry

WALT create quality blog posts that explain our learning



Today we had to write a diary entry from the perspective of the main character in the story. Here is my letter, take a read, let me know what you think.
I really enjoyed this task as I enjoy creative writing and I like putting myself in someone elses shoes to try and understand how they would be feeling.

This week our reading text has been a graphic novel. A graphic novel looks very similar to a comic. I enjoy reading graphic novels because they have very cool images/pictures and they use minimal words, but still manage to tell a great story. Have you read a graphic novel before?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ayla,
    This work is awesome! I loved the way that you put yourself in someone else's shoes and made a diary entry from who I am guessing was a soldier. I loved that you just started off with the poem in the blog post, and then explained what your task was. That was different, cool and interesting. Next time, maybe you could edit it a bit more because I did notice 1 mistake; you wrote 'I know I'm suppose to be brave' instead of 'I know I'm supposed to be brave'. Other than that, this diary entry was awesome! I also loved the fact that you wrote in the last paragraph about why you did it and that you love putting yourself in other people's shoes. Be sure to visit my blog at: wpsjaimieh.blogspot.com
    Blog you later!
    Jaimie,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ayla

    I am Pao from Waikowhai Primary School. I very like that you have done such an interesting blog post. I also loved that you have explained the activity. I am pretty sure it is a soldier because it says that he is going to war. What made you do such a cool blog post?
    You can visit my blog and comment If you will like to. Link is below
    https://wpspaoc.blogspot.com/

    Enjoy your day!
    Pao :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ayla
    I am Izumi from Waikowhai Primary School. I very like that you have done such an interesting blog post. I also loved that you have explained the activity. I am pretty sure it is a soldier because it says that he is going to war. What made you do such a cool blog post?
    You can visit my blog and comment If you will like to. Link is below https://wpsizumim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete